FORTHCOMING SOCIAL AND OTHER EVENTS................
Meet like minded people doing the same things that you enjoy too!
Tuesday Drop In
- Feeling low and blue in the new Year? Want to get out to brighten your day? Come and join us at the Tuesday Morning Drop-In, 10 am to 12 noon in Baswich Community Hall for refreshment and companionship. We offer company, coffee and fellowship to:- the recently bereaved; those in a caring role; and anyone else who just wants a chat. An opportunity for all to mix in a friendly atmosphere. Please pray for all who volunteer and attend this important Parish group. More details from John Saberton 01785 662355.
Parish Prayer Group
- will meet on Wednesday 22nd Jan. in the vicarage at 8:00pm (after the Eucharist). We will be praying for individuals and issues from the Parish, the Town, the Country and the World. All are welcome; talk to David for more information.
Women’s World Day of Prayer
– to be held this year at 2pm Friday 6th March at Trinity Church. Music practice for the programme is at 10:30 on Friday 14th February only. All are welcome
Parish Valentine Lunch, 12.30 for 1pm., Sunday 16th February at Brocton Village Hall
– comprising Aperitif, 4 course meal with glass of wine, tea/coffee/ mints/shortbread, plus raffle. Price £15 adult (£7 admission + £8 suggested donation requested), £7 children (£4 + £3), £37 family (£18 + £19). Tickets from Beryl Foster, Colin Jones, Bob Moore (664302). Numbers limited to 100 so please book early.
Summer Fete, 21st June 2020. Planning Meeting
- Our first planning meeting is at 4pm, tomorrow, Monday 20th January, in the Baswich Room at the Community Hall. Please join us or ring Bob Moore (664302) with any suggestions/thoughts/ideas. We would welcome your input.
Three Decker Team Appeal
- After several years as Treasurer of the Three Decker Elaine Lyne has decided that it is time to hand over the responsibility to another willing volunteer. Previous to taking on the treasurer’s job Elaine was also responsible for the distribution of the magazine for many years so I think we would all agree that she deserves to take time off after many years of faithful service.
As disciples of Christ we are called to be involved and to serve our community. Our magazine is an important part of the parish’s mission and outreach so if you are looking to answer our Lord’s call to follow him then perhaps you could volunteer and become our new treasurer.
If you feel you could help then please speak to either: Fr. Graham, Elaine Lyne or Margaret Johnson. All telephone numbers are on page 2 of the magazine.
– was 1 year old on the 9th January! Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support. It has resumed for the winter term following a Christmas break – 1.15-2.45pm every Wednesday in the school term.
St Vincent’s Box
– we’ve placed a new St Vincent’s box at the back of Holy Trinity. If you wish to donate any tinned or dried food, toiletries or other suitable items, please place them in the box. They will then be delivered to House of Bread.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- There is an opportunity to share in worship with fellow Christians from across the town this evening, at Rising Brook Community Church. Doors open at 6 pm and worship begins at 6:30 pm. Bishop Michael is the keynote speaker.