FORTHCOMING SOCIAL AND OTHER EVENTS................
Meet like minded people doing the same things that you enjoy too!
We are sure that you are holding all those infected by the coronavirus in China and around the world, as well as those who care for them, in your prayers at this time. As good liturgical and pastoral practice, clergy in the parish will be following proper hand washing and sanitising techniques before and during the Eucharist in order to help keep our churches as safe as possible, not only from this particular outbreak but from infectious diseases in general. Please note that advice from the Church of England suggests that there is no immediate need to abandon the practice of shaking hands when sharing the peace (please however respect other people’s wishes). However, they do advise that good hygiene practice (washing hands thoroughly before leaving home, or using antibacterial wipes or gels) will reduce the risk of any infection. The advice also reinforces the PCC decision to ban the practice of intinction, and so this will remain in force at this time. We will update you over any further significant developments.
Lent Lunches –
the next Lent Lunch will take place on Saturday 21st March at the Community Hall, Baswich Lane. Please join us for home-made soup, bread, cheese and home-made cake. Cost £5, please pay on the door. Proceeds will be divided between the Bishops Lent Appeal and Parish Funds. We will be taking extra hygiene precautions at this time, and kindly ask that everyone thoroughly washes their hands on arrival at the Community Hall. Thank you in advance.
Summer Fete, Sunday 21st June
– Our Lent Donation Boxes – are now in position in all 3 churches until Easter Sunday (12th April). Our hope is that you might present the Tombola Stall with some of the ‘Goodies’ which you are giving up for Lent, such as sweets, biscuits, chocolates, alcohol etc.. Alternatively you can phone Bob Moore (664302) for collection. We shall be extremely grateful for anything you can spare.
Parish prayer group
- (which is open to all) will meet in the Vicarage after the evening Eucharist on Wednesday 25th March.
- for the prayer group can be made using the slips which are placed at the back of each of our churches. Please leave our request in the labelled box.
Planned Giving Envelopes
– for the new tax year are now available and ready for collection at the back of church.
Concert by ‘Go Ukulele Crazy’
– 7pm on Saturday 28th March in Community Hall, Baswich Lane, with light super, glass of wine and Raffle. Tickets £8 adult/£4 children/£20 family from Beryl Foster, Colin Jones, Bob Moore (664302). Programme will consist of popular songs (we can join in) accompanied by multiple ukuleles. Please come along!
Mothers' Union "Make a Mother's Day Ethical Gift Scheme"
- Want to give a special ethical gift to someone for Mothering Sunday? "Make a Mother's Day" catalogues are now available in church. Your Mothering Sunday gift will help empower women, children and communities worldwide to tackle the challenges they face. Alternatively, further information can be found online at www.makeamothersday.org
- and the organisation Stafford Welcomes Refugees have asked the all churches in Stafford, including us and our PCC to write to our MP to urge the government to be sympathetic to the plight of unaccompanied child refugees with family members living in the UK. If you would like to add your own name to the letter, copies are available at the back of church.
– Please read the Pastoral Statement. The Standing Committee has met to draw up an action plan outlining parish response. Things will change depending on the evolving situation, so if you have access please keep checking the Facebook page. For the time being the physical sharing of the peace and administration of the chalice has been withdrawn. The offering plate will also not be distributed – please leave your offering in the plate as you enter of leave church. We appreciate your continued prayers for those affected and your continued love for those who are isolated – do continue to keep in contact with the housebound (by telephone).
for the Rt Revd Jan Macfarlane, currently Bishop of Repton, as she prepares to be installed as Honorary Assistant Bishop in our diocese and Canon Custos at Lichfield Cathedral.