FORTHCOMING SOCIAL AND OTHER EVENTS................
Meet like minded people doing the same things that you enjoy too!
Coronavirus – We are sure that you are holding all those infected by the coronavirus in China and around the world, as well as those who care for them, in your prayers at this time. As good liturgical and pastoral practice, clergy in the parish will be following proper hand washing and sanitising techniques before and during the Eucharist in order to help keep our churches as safe as possible, not only from this particular outbreak but from infectious diseases in general. Please note that advice from the Church of England suggests that there is no immediate need to abandon the practice of shaking hands when sharing the peace (please however respect other people’s wishes). However, they do advise that good hygiene practice (washing hands thoroughly before leaving home, or using antibacterial wipes or gels) will reduce the risk of any infection. The advice also reinforces the PCC decision to ban the practice of intinction, and so this will remain in force at this time. We will update you over any further significant developments.
Tuesday Drop In
Lent books – for those that have ordered one, they have arrived and are available at the back of each church. Please pay the £6 cost to the office or a member of the clergy
Shrove Tuesday Pancakes, 25th February, 12.30-4.30pm
– in the Community Hall. Please join us for savoury/sweet pancakes and a glass of warm, fruit punch plus raffle. Tickets £3 adult, £1.50 child, from Beryl Foster, Colin Jones, or Bob Moore (664302) or Pay at the Door.
– the first Lent Lunch will take place next Saturday, 29th February at Brocton Village Hall. On Saturday 7th March, the Lent Lunch will be held at Walton Village Hall. On the following 4 Saturdays, the Lent Lunch will be held in the Community Hall.
Please join us for home-made soup, bread, cheese and home-made cake. Cost £5, please pay on the door. Proceeds will be divided between the Bishops Lent Appeal and Parish Funds.
Women’s World Day of Prayer
– to be held this year at 2pm Friday 6th March at Trinity Church. All are welcome.
Parish Valentine Lunch
– Sunday 16th February. Many thanks to all our ‘lunchers’, donors, and helpers for contributing to this very enjoyable occasion which has raised £1534 for Parish Funds. ‘Well done’ to everybody.
Parish prayer group
- which is open to all, will meet in the Vicarage after the evening Eucharist on Wednesday 4th March.
- for the prayer group can be made using the slips which are placed at the back of each of our churches. Please leave your request in the labelled box.
St Vincent’s Box – we’ve placed a new St Vincent’s box at the back of Holy Trinity. If you wish to donate any tinned or dried food, toiletries or other suitable items, please place them in the box. They will then be delivered to House of Bread.
Date for your diary
– we are hoping to organise another community Art Project for the coming VE Day celebration. More information to follow, but to help get things started we will be organising a craft morning in Holy Trinity (so you can also make the Lent Lunch) on Saturday 14th March. Watch this space for more information about the activities we have in mind.
Berkswich Mothers’ Union
– will meet at St.Thomas’ Church at 2pm on Wednesday 26th February, when there is a planned visit by the Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service. You will be most welcome to join us. For more information ring Anne Parkes 661546.